SOC Threat Analyst
SOC Threat Analyst- Kerry
The Threat Analysis function within the SOC team is chartered with the identification, analysis and response to a variety of threats to the security of our client. It incorporates Threat Monitoring, Threat Intelligence and Incident response. We are currently seeking analysts to join and expand our client's existing SOC team in Tralee.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good critical analysis abilities:
- A suitable candidate needs to be able to critically assess alerts and determine appropriate action, while supported by procedures, candidates will need to learn on their feet and adapt to changing threats so ability to Research a topic and understand it quickly is vital
- Investigative skills can be taught but a natural curiosity to get to the root cause of something is beneficial
- You will be diligent, hardworking and with good attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures where available but to also to respond to the unexpected.
- Effective teaming skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under a constant pressing workload
- Application of self-learning for growth and knowledge advancement
Technical Skills Required:
There are opportunities across a variety of analyst levels depending on experience from graduates to those with extensive IT or IT Security experience. Some of the best analysts come from systems administration, networking or desktop support roles, due to their real world experience of understanding of the enterprise technologies so there is an opportunity for professionals wishing to move into IT security.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Specialist degree in Security and/or Forensics an advantage
- Any of the following certifications is a plus SSCP, CEH, CHFI, any SANS course/cert, Security+, Network+
- You should have: Fundamentals of computer networking
- Fundamentals of Windows Operating System (OS)
- Fundamentals of Linux/UNIX OS
- Knowledge of large enterprise networks and understanding of an enterprise network design (perimeter, internal, and external)
- Knowledge of programming and scripting
- Knowledge of Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) technology concepts
- Knowledge of proxy technology concepts
- Knowledge of email security concepts
- Knowledge of file analysis and interrogation concepts
- Knowledge of automated malware analysis concepts
- Knowledge of Intrusion Detection System (IDS)/Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) technology concepts
- Knowledge of system and network log analysis
- Knowledge of host-based detection concepts
- Knowledge of cyber incident response concepts (system and network)
- Knowledge of Intelligence Driven Defense® concepts
- Knowledge of Cyber Kill Chain® Framework
- Knowledge of threat pivoting concepts
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other coop experience etc. We will also consider experienced candidates for these roles, however a long term link to Kerry is essential.