SOC Engineer- Kerry
The role of SOC Engineer within is focused on supporting the security monitoring, threat intelligence, vulnerability management and incident response technologies and solutions that underpin the core functions of the SOC.
The suitable security engineer will have a passion for Cybersecurity and a strong desire to harness their technical skills to solve the real world challenges of protecting a global financial services environment.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- You will be diligent, hardworking and with good attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures where available but to also to respond to the unexpected
- Effective teaming skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work under a constant pressing workload
- Application of self-learning for growth and knowledge advancement
- Participate and grow from peer review sessions and constructive feedback
- Self-motivated and ability to work under direction as well as on own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ownership of their role and responsibilities and drive forward the teams technical capabilities
- You will be flexible and adaptable with a can do attitude
- Ability to understand complex and highly technical information security concepts and explain/translate them to technical and business staff
- Ability to collaborate with others, influence people and resolve conflicts
Technical Skills Required:
There are opportunities across a variety of engineer levels depending on experience from graduates to those with extensive IT or IT Security experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Networking technologies(TCP/IP) and protocols (SSL, SSH, LDAP, SMTP, DNS)
- Linux, Unix and Windows OS and Microsoft Active Directory
- Security monitoring tools (SIEM (QRadar), auditing and log collection tools, network IDS, malware detection)
- Threat Intelligence, Advanced Threat Detection or Packet Capture/Forensic technologies
- Vulnerability scanning and security testing toolsets
- Knowledge of scripting (Bash/PowerShell/Python scripting)
- Familiarity with CIS benchmarks
- Microsoft Office, Visio and Project
- Good understanding of Windows infrastructures (including 2008,2012,2016)
- Experience of managing virtualised infrastructure
- Customer focused, flexible and willing to take ownership of issues
- Good interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication
Please send through a detailed cv with as much content as possible regarding your projects in college, personal projects, internships or other coop experience etc. We will also consider experienced candidates for these roles, however a long term link to Kerry is essential.