Snr Packaging Operator
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Packaging Operator to join a leading and rapidly growing pharmaceutical company based in Waterford for a brand new packaging site that is being introduced. This company has invested millions into their Waterford facilities including a brand new R&D Facility which shows their long-term commitment to employees and the area. They pride themselves in recruiting, developing, and retaining the best people as they continue to grow.
What's in it for you?
This is a superb opportunity to be part of a new packaging operation with an innovative and friendly pharmaceutical company that serve patients with life-improving treatments. Your work will truly make a difference to people's lives and you will work alongside cutting-edge technology and a supportive and friendly team. You will be part of a focused team who work together and support one another with their workloads. The atmosphere is friendly and all employees are supported by peers and managers. It is a fun and exciting place to work with excellent career development opportunities
- Working directly with the Packaging Operations Manager the Senior Packaging Operator will have ownership for the following areas:
- oManufacture / pack product to cGMP / regulatory standards as outlined in company documentation
- oAccurate completion of all necessary documentation
- oCarry out IPC checks as outlined in company documentation
- oEnsure machines / equipment are maintained and working correctly
- oCarry out minor machine / equipment adjustments as appropriate
- oClean machines / work area in accordance with standard operating procedures
- oDeveloping and leading the training program with line operators
- oAttainment of targets relevant to work centers and packing metrics.
- oAdherence to health and safety procedures
- oEnsure compliance to documented procedures and cGMP requirements as outlined in company procedures
- oMaintenance of hygiene / housekeeping standards in the packing area
- oComply to terms and conditions as outlined in your contract of employment accurately and that necessary paperwork is completed
- oEnsure that all job closing activities are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
- oActive in driving lean ways of working. Achieving excellence together.
- oManaging the serialisation function of the packaging line.
- oLead line change overs and manage change parts sets
- oImplement Value engineering initiatives.
- oGenerate standard operating procedures relevant to the packing processes
- Relevant Third Level Qualification preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience within a similar packaging role within the pharma Industry
- Proven ability and experience in training and leading a packing team and writing SOPs for packaging
- Knowledge of SAP and Serialisation processes.
- The role requires a strong understanding lean principles and execution. (A3 problem solving, DMAIC etc)
- Excellent communication skills with good planning and organizational skills.
- Adaptability maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Flexible and enthusiastic team player- Working effectively with team and on own initiative.