Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
- You develop pipelines and tools for product teams for one-click deployment to any no production environments. We believe in 'self-servicing" model and we want product teams to be as much involved in deployment as possible.
- You work closely with product teams in supporting deployment of new features and services to production, you provide final vetting for all scheduled deployments after passing all automatic quality checks and apply configuration changes if required.
- You proactively monitor and analyse logs and metrics to identify performance, reliability and security issues before they occur and resolve them in collaboration with the product teams and DevOps Engineers.
- You own infrastructure-level libraries and services supporting our platform.
- You perform reviews for platform micro-services from site reliability perspective, suggest improvements and implement some of them workload permitting.
- Initial troubleshooting of critical issues related to reliability, performance and security is under your helmet and you try to resolve them yourself or oversee product team resolution.
- You are involved in data migration by instructing product team, developing them, executing them and dealing with any issues.
- You don't write product features code but you do improve any infrastructure level code across our platform.
- As you have a complete view of platform architecture, you assist product teams with understanding cross micro-services dependencies, integrations and more.
- You develop in depth knowledge of one or more middleware (Mysql, Redis, Cassandra, Kafka, Elastic, etc) and support it across all environments.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Skills - Required
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer third level degree in computer science or relevant areas.
- Solid software development experience for this role we do insist on candidates coming from development side.
- You are proficient in any of the programming languages: Java, Scala, Kotlin or Groovy.
- You have built micro-services based architectures using Docker and any of the frameworks Spring Boot, Dropwizard, Play.
- You should have good knowledge of Linux systems and internals.
- You should administer one or more of the following: Redis, Elastic Stack, Kafka, Cassandra, MySql, Tomcat.
- You are proficient with GIT, Jenkins ( or equivalent), continues integration/delivery and deployment.
Are you an experienced Site Reliability Engineer that is looking for a change for growing, dynamic company which helps in growth of your career? If so please send an updated cv in strict confidence for this Site Reliability Engineer role to Purva Rao, IT Recruiter, FRS Recruitment (086-0241818) via the apply link or share with friends/colleagues.
FRS Recruitment is committed to promoting diversity and disability in the work place and is a KANCHI 100 company.