Site Engineer - Dublin
FRS Recruitment are looking for an Setting Out Engineer for a large high profile building project in Dublin City.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident and motivated with good communication and engineering skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team. It is vital that they are able to demonstrate a pragmatic and proactive approach to problem-solving and an ability to liaise with the project management team and client's representatives as appropriate.
Join an experienced site team as Site Engineer, starting on a live traditional build terraced housing and apartment scheme within central Dublin.
A large scale multi-contract social housing scheme (56 units - 2/3 story Houses & 4 Story Apartments) from foundations through construction and handover. We have approx. 8 months to run on our programme, with 1st and 2nd fix trades and civils work hard & soft landscaping (including drainage) still to be done.
As sole Engineer on this project, your main focus will be on setting out/dimensional control inc. use of GPS, total station & automatic levels. As such, strong experience in this area, preferably on building projects, is required. Reporting to the Project Manager, and working closely alongside the Project's leadership team, other responsibilities will include;
- Health & Safety, Environment and Sustainability understanding, inc. acceptable practice (CDMs & RAMS) and behaviours
- Proactive and effective workforce engagement with the site team inc. subcontractor supervision
- Procurement, monitoring and recording of materials, plant and logistics
- Implementing QA procedures including M&E sign off, drainage testing, concrete pre/post pour checks & compiling subcontractor snag lists
- Record keeping and reporting inc. compiling information for O&M manuals, as built drawings
- Programme, scope of works and commercial team interface
- An Honours or Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, accredited by the ICE (preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in setting out or site engineer
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.
- Site-based, 7.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
Contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment for a more detailed description - 086 776 7521