Role Location: Longford
My client is seeking to hire an experienced production supervisor- shift manager for a permanent role based in Co Longford. Prior experience in an injection moulding or medical device manufacturing environment would be highly regarded. We are seeking someone that has a solid technical knowledge coupled with good people management skills. The role will be over a 4 day shift pattern and will incorporate weekends and nights. Salary will reflect experience.
Duties as production supervisor -shift manager
Ensures that the Quality of the product produced production area meets established guideline and
Monitors, records and tracks production and works closely with setters/operators to ensure that
schedules are met, record keeping and reporting is accurate, and timely communication is given to all
Ensures the production floor operation is consistent with the vision of the Company/group
while providing support and feedback to production personnel.
Works with other Shift Managers on shift to resolve day to day, and long term issues.
What you will be doing daily
Overall Production Quality on the shift - The Shift Manager has fundamental responsibility for all quality on their shift.
- Maintaining all documentation and systems in line with requirements and the requirements of ISO13485. (i.e.) Develop and maintain production methods/procedures and all supporting documentation to meet the requirements of ISO13485.
- Managing personnel issues on the shift, including allocation of work duties to personnel.
- Responsibility of Housekeeping on the Shift.
- Responsibility for Health & Safety issues on the shift.
- Addressing Absenteeism issues with Staff.
- Addressing Disciplinary issues with Staff on the shift.
- Technical assistance on the Shift, when required.
- Preparing Shift documentation and completing production records at the end of the shift - Inputting information onto the ERP system.
- Strives to achieve high utilisation, high yield and low cost of quality.
- Plan/ co-ordinate training, development and performance reviews of operators.
- Uses and understands basic computer tools/programs for analysing results and/or compiling reports.
- Responsible for making quality or processing/ tooling related decisions on the production floor and co-ordination of same with the setters.
- Co-ordinate communications with other Shift Managers.
- Plan / communicate production schedule, quality requirements etc..
- Expedite materials, equipment, and resources as required in conjunction with the responsible person in the warehouse.
- Plan / implement housekeeping programs.
- Delegate tasks to operators, having ensured that adequate training is provide
- Performs additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.