Shift Production Supervisor
We are seeking a Shift Production Supervisor for our client that operate in the waste recycling sector. Located on the South side of Cork city, the role of the Shift Production Supervisor is to manage the shift and the staff on the shift.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will ensure the smooth running of the production process and that all products are produced to the specified quality and specifications. You will ensure all target and deadlines are met and that all staff complies with the company's Health and Safety procedures
Shift pattern: 2 x 12 hours weekends or weekends + 3 x days/evening shift
With direct reports such as Line Operators, Team Leaders, Machine Operators and Yard Operators your responsibilities will include the following:-
- To take responsibility of the shift in terms of management of staff, management of production and quality targets and to ensure the smooth running of the production processes
- Responsible for the quality of the product that is produced within the shift in line with the companies quality systems, processes and procedures
- Monitor, measure and report on production related process performance and maintenance issues
- Ensure good communication is given verbally or written to all staff members
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shifts. Carry out regular Health and Safety meeting with safety reps.
- Problem solving and troubling shooting skills are used to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand
- Work closely with other Team Leaders/Supervisors to ensure smooth production handovers
- Identify and ensure that training skills are met for current and future shifts
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace
- Be able to make appropriate decisions while following the company's organisational structure
- Maintaining and record a high level of timekeeping and non- absenteeism across all shifts
- Cary out "return to work interviews" following illness or non-appearance.
- Report and document any injury or "near miss" incident in the work place.
We are seeking candidates that have previously managed staff, working at a Team Leader level and who aspire to progress their career. If you can prove what it takes to be successful in this role, my client will reward you accordingly.