Shift Maintenance Technician
YOUR NEW COMPANY:
My client are an Irish owned food production company in business for over 40 years and based in the foothills of the Donegal Mountains on the beautiful Wild Atlantic Way.
With a large and every expanding range of products they supply some of Ireland's largest retails multiples including Dunnes, Supervalu & Tesco and due to continued growth are currently recruiting for two mechanical technicians/engineers. Commutable from Donegal town, Killybeggs and surrounding areas and employing over 200 people on site you will be part of a maintenance team 7 including the Maintenance Manager, maintenance engineer and 4 maintenance techs/fitters .
As Shift Maintenance Technician/Engineer you will be responsible for the execution of the preventive and corrective maintenance programme on a shift basis in a plant where they have been significant capitol expenditure of over €3 million euro in the past 4 years!
YOUR NEW ROLE:
As Shift Maintenance Tech/Engineer some of the key elements of your role will include:
* Ensure that plant machinery and the equipment are always maintained and available for production.
* Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
* Ensure Machinery, facilities and equipment are utilised efficiently.
* Design implement maintain and improve electrical and mechanical instrumentation, equipment, facilities, components and systems throughout the plant.
* Proactively work with Production, Quality Assurance, outside contractors and all other relevant parties to discuss, agree, plan and implement engineering solutions to operational issues as they arise.
* Provide input on equipment installation, start-up, operation and troubleshooting to support introduction of new products into sustaining operations;
* Ensure that planned preventative maintenance is attended to in an efficient manner to minimise downtime;
* Shift working is required. The shift pattern may be varied according to business requirements and will typically require weekend working and periodic rotation between day and night shifts;
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
You will have at least 3 years' experience in an Electrical or Mechanical maintenance role in a production environment and have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a formal qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
WHATS IN FOR YOU
This Shift Maintenance role offers a competitive rate/salary plus life assurance and the chance to work in a beautiful part of Ireland in a company with a family feel and where people genuinely look out for each other.
Sound like your cup of tea? Then don't delay and apply today.