Setting Out Engineer - Offaly
FRS Recruitment are looking for an Setting Out Engineer / Land Surveyor for a position with a large Utility Service Provider based in Co Offaly.
The successful candidate will deliver efficient and cost effective professional land and engineering survey services for projects and business development to all our clients business units and functions.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role will include
- Support Energy Business Unit in the delivery of Integrated Pollution Control (IPC) licence review project and the Decommissioning & Rehabilitation project and other projects as required.
- Deliver efficient and cost effective professional land and engineering survey services for operations, projects and business development to Energy Business Units and functions to ensure the availability of accurate information to enable high quality decision making and assist cost efficient operations.
- Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to define and achieve survey service goals. Ensure sufficient timely and appropriate information and advice is exchanged with customers and contractors to achieve project delivery.
- Capture, analyse and interpret data sets including topographical survey data to assist Engineering with regard to the cost-effective planning and efficient design of projects.
- Capture, analyse and interpret topographical survey data to assist Engineering and Energy Business Unit Operations Management with regard to the cost-effective planning and design of peat production, narrow gauge rail lines, bog drainage and silt control.
- Direct, lead and monitor Energy Business Unit Operations with regard to the implementation of drainage plans, silt control and construction or maintenance of narrow gauge rail lines to ensure quality and effectiveness of solutions. Support the continuous planning and development of milled peat production footprint of lands to ensure profitability and best production practices.
- Support Ecology Department in the implementation of rehabilitation and restoration plans with regard to the design and construction management of rehabilitation works.
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises.
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- NFQ Level 8 BSc Geomatics or similar approved
- 5 year's relevant experience
- Membership of RICS to fulfil legal requirements for boundary disputes would be an advantage
- Proficient in knowledge and use of surveying instruments including survey grade GPS, total stations (conventional and robotic), theodolites, levels (precise and digital), laser devices and the checking, adjustment and calibration of same.
- Proficient in digital processing and manipulation of survey data, preparation and presentation of AutoCAD drawings.
- Knowledge and understanding of GIS systems and the ability to translate survey data both from and into GIS systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of various forms of property ownership and title within the state, environmental licensing and health and safety legislation.
- Knowledge and understanding of development and construction methodologies for peat lands, peat land drainage, narrow gauge rail systems, bog restoration / rehabilitation, IPC / IPPC licences and peat classification according to the Von Post Scale would be a distinct advantage.
- A full clean driving licence is required for the role.
Contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment for a more detailed description - 091 760 706