Setting Out Engineer - Galway
The Site Engineer will report directly to the Senior Engineer and will work closely with him or her to help drive the project through to successful completion, on time within budget and to the highest standards.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set out the works and ensure that foremen and operatives clearly understand the information provided
- Disseminate information from drawings, specifications, etc. to foremen, operatives, subcontractors, so that they clearly understand what is required
- Test materials as directed by your supervisor/line manager in accordance with the relevant specifications
- Record all daily activities, relevant information and occurrences in your site diary
- Record and report on work progress including that of subcontractors to your manager
- Pursue, proactively your own development and training. (i.e. complete the work-based development programme in a timely manner)
- Conduct your work in a safe manner - correct and report those who do not
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all personnel.
- Monitor and check setting out instruments and testing equipment.
- Maximise profit through your day-to-day actions: good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Follow directions and attend meetings as required
- A third level qualification in Engineering
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in setting out or site engineer
- Concrete frame/ Housing experience is preferred.
- Experience working with a main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.
If you are interested contact Cormac in FRS Recruitment for a more detailed description.
086 776 7521