Service Managers - Disability Services
Service Managers - Disability Services - Co. Galway
Do you possess fantastic leadership skills? Do you want to work within a service who are renowned for providing quality care and support to the children, adults and families that they support? If so, I have amazing opportunities for Service Managers to join a fantastic organisation that is well known in the community.
Permanent, full time contracts
Salary: €46,000 - €63,000 Depending on experience and no. of services managed
Galway City/ Salthill/ Tuam/ and Kilkerrin.
* A minimum of 3 years in a management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care.
* A professional degree (minimum level 7) in Applied Social Studies/SocialCare
* A relevant management qualification.
* A proven track record of managing a residential service which meets quality, regulatory/legislative requirements.
* A proven track record of budget management.
* Experience of report writing personal support plans, people, and roster management.
* Full current driving license with access to your own vehicle.
* Excellent IT skills.
* Excellent working knowledge of legislative/regulatory requirements and responsibilities.
- Be responsible and subject to the overall general direction of the Area Services Manager, for the direction and running of the unit
- Manage and monitor the annual budget, including staffing and all aspects of expenditure within the centre
- Ensure the service is fully compliant with National Quality Standards.
- Manage the development and implementation of person-centred programmes that reflect the individual aspirations and needs of each person we support.
- Liaise with the Supported Living Co-ordinator in relation to identifying people we support who are best suited for independent living models of service and support people we support develop the necessary skills for such a model of service.
- Keep such records and submit such reports as may be required by the Area Services Manager.
- Complete Core HR on a weekly basis, log incidents on QMIS in a timely manner, review emails and correspondence and submit all reports on activities in your centre as required by management.
- Co-ordination of administration, supervising and recording of prescribed medication
- Prepare and implement rosters and manage in line with approved budgets
- Be responsible for the management and supervision of permanent and relief staff of all grades
- Undertake staff development and support meetings with all staff working in your centre in line with agreed guidelines.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact Isabel for more information on 0861449043.