The Service Manager will be primarily responsible for operations management working collaboratively with the leadership team and managing the Galway / Roscommon area.
In this role, you will ensure the service is in compliance with policies and procedures, lead responsibility for oversight and management of delivery of programmes and community engagement activities.
Responsibilities will include
- Managing the planning processes ensuring the team have a clear vision
- Ensuring the service plan is aligned to regional and national priorities
- Ensuring that local strategy is translated into operational work plans
- Working collaboratively as part of the Leadership team and contributing to leadership meetings with regional colleagues
- Promoting a collaborative and compassionate culture
- Providing line management
- Supporting the performance and professional development of the team, including lead responsibility for the performance management and reviews of staff members.
- Overseeing the efficient operation of the service, including the system of scheduling appointments
- Engaging in ongoing evaluation and improvement in service performance including achievement of Key Performance Indicators and targets
- Implementing financial procedures and managing the local budget.
- Working with the Clinical Manager to develop annual service plans for the service.
- Analysing and reporting on data from Data System to inform service delivery.
- Implementing the risk management policy.
- Holding local responsibility for, and working with the facilities department, ensuring that the service premises/facilities are in line with health and safety requirements and provide a welcoming service setting.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Five years' management experience in health, youth work, social care, education or other not for profit sector service.
- A third level qualification (Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent) in a business, health (including mental health), community development, education, or social science related area.
- Three years' experience managing a team in a human service delivery context.
- Transformative leadership & change management.
- Developing operational plans, staff work plans, monitoring and reviewing cycles.
- Planning, supporting implementation and evaluation of participatory structures.
- Financial management, including budget development and analysis and implementing financial procedures.
- A proficient level of computer literacy and competence in MS office, Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and SharePoint.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with demonstrable experience building and maintaining relationships at various levels within a complex environment
- Ability to be agile and flexible with their management style and approach to their work
- Strong self-awareness, negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Strong Emotional Intelligence.
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual leave 25 days, exclusive of public holidays and 1.5 company days.
* Comprehensive annual CPD schedule
* Flexible working arrangements
* Financial support for further education
* Discounted Group Health Insurance Scheme
* Travel pass Scheme/ Bike to Work Scheme