Senior Trade Counter /Supervisor
Senior Trade Counter/Supervisor (S.Dublin)
We are seeking a Senior Trade Counter for an established builder's merchants in South Dublin. Due to their continued expansion and growth, they are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced candidate.
The successful candidate will have worked in a similar type role previously - Builder Merchants/DIY /hardware store. This role will suit an experienced trade counter assistant looking for their move into management.
Excellent Package: c€40k basic + package (pending experience)
Senior Trade Counter/Managerial Support
- As Senior Trade Counter you will be responsible for overseeing the trade counter sales and customer service
- You will support and assist the Manager in the overall operations of the trade counter ensure a high level of customer service and attention to detail
- Processing all Cash/Account counter sales via phone and face to face
- Efficient processing and follow-up of customer inquiries regarding all building/DIY materials
- Process incoming sales orders, quotation requests and inquiries and oversee same
- Day-to-day building material/DIY quotations - ensure all quotations are followed up when necessary.
- Continued expansion of product knowledge -ensuring junior staff are fully trained on product knowledge
- Overseeing all the merchandising and maintenance of all categories of stock
- Strong Retail/Builders Merchant/DIY knowledge is desirable
- Additional Knowledge of construction/building materials is highly desirable
- Trade sales experience selling building materials
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding both sales and margin targets
- Excellent customer service skills
- IT literate - can use a PC keyboard and mouse comfortably, and at a reasonable speed.