Senior Technical Scientist
Our client is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. They have an opening for a Senior Systems Verification and Validation Scientist in their research facility in Co. Limerick.
The Senior Scientist role will be a Validation and Verification team leader, and will work closely with all members of management, engineering, marketing and product development teams. The Senior Scientist conducts experiments using flow cytometry and applies strong knowledge in scientific principles, immunology, sample manipulation, and/or immunoassays to influence best practice laboratory procedures and study designs.
This award-winning programme offers excellent career opportunities for people who have a proven track record in combining excellent knowledge and technical ability with first class interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science or another relevant scientific subject with a minimum of 4-5 years relevant experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of flow cytometry instrument platforms, applications and software, assay panel development and customer workflows.
- Experience designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry applications which may include: immunophenotyping, apoptosis, cell proliferation, cell activation, receptor expression, and/or intracellular calcium flux.
- Experience performing statistical analysis and interpreting experimental results.
- Demonstrated success leading projects, with the ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges.
- Experience managing timelines and budgets using project management tools, such as Gantt chart or Microsoft Project.
- Experience working within a regulated medical device industry with knowledge or experience in FDA submissions.
Product Development experience (bringing product from development right through to commercialization) is much desired
This position is full-time and permanent. Salary is competitive and benefits include health insurance, pension and life assurance among others. Call Emer on 0860437889 for more details.