Senior Technical Scientist- Cork
An opportunity now exists for a Senior Technical Scientist to join a world class biopharma lab in Co Cork, on a permanent full time basis. Mon- Fri role. Exc salary plus benefits.
This progressive company offers a superb salary plus benefits package to include bonuses, healthcare, pension, life assurance, career progression, educational assistance and much more
The Senior Technical Scientist Group leader will be required to support the Large Molecule API technical team in this global biologics company in Cork. You will be required to provide leadership to a team of 5-6 lab support personnel/technical scientists working in the API Large Molecule Department . You will also carry out Technical Scientist duties as required by business needs. Biologics experience is required along with strong communication and leadership skills .
- Support early and late phase Technical Transfer activities through generation of protocols/reports, technical writing, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in manufacturing operations and NPI initiatives.
- Supporting early and late phase product development activities through generation of protocols/reports, execution of laboratory scale studies and participation in Lean Early Development initiatives as required.
- Providing expertise to development teams on manufacturing facility design and capabilities, scale-up considerations and GMP operations. Partner with Project Teams to provide input, review and approval support for BLA submissions.
- Participating in cross-functional project teams.
- To interpret project plans and timelines for CMC projects and schedule work and experiments to meet these goals.
- To assist in manufacturing investigations as required, in particular event, deviations and CAPAs, to help meet product release specifications and timelines.
- To execute experimental plans and protocols to support product life-cycle improvements, process validation requirements, technical transfer projects and development activities as required.
- To foster a culture of Lean and Continuous improvement within the department and with internal and external partners.
- Keeping their training records up to date and initiating training where possible when free from work.
- Adhering to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that all documentation is carried out on time, accurately and legibly.
- A Bachelor Degree or Masters Qualification or PhD Qualification in Biotechnology, Biopharmaceutical sciences or relevant biological or life science is required.
- At least 5 years' relevant industry experience in a Biotechnology/ Biopharmaceutical environment
- Excellent leadership skills and at least 3 years' previous supervisory experienc
- Good understanding of chemistry is advantageous.
- Thorough understanding of requirements for working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to form strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be capable of developing solutions to problems as part of a team.
- Willing to operate in a flexible manner and be able to switch priorities at short notice.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally.
Contact Felicity 086 7821714 for more information
Technical Scientist, Scientist, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Process Validation, Scientist, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Quality Assurance Manager, Quality assurance supervisor, Quality, Scientist, Technical Scientist Bioreactor, tech transfer, Media Development Projects cell growth. Technical Scientist, Scientist, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Process Validation, Scientist, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Manager, Scientist, Technical Scientist Bioreactor, tech transfer, Media Development Projects, cell growth.