Senior Technical Project Manager 12 month FTC
Job Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Duration: 12 month FTC initially
About the Role:
Planning, executing and closing of Projects
- Responsible for creating clear and attainable project objectives, building project requirements and managing cost, time, scope and quality
- Oversees all aspects of project information including business requirement documentation, stakeholder analysis, timelines, budgets, resource allocation, scope and definition of project
- Manage all aspects of the implementation of projects from end to end including any and all phases of the project life cycle while incorporating SDLC practices that are suitable for each project.
- Work closely with relevant departments to manage assigned projects in line with business and project objectives.
- Regular reporting, chairing and minute taking of key meetings and communication of progress
- Project cost management including effort estimating and managing baseline versus actual costs
- Store and publish all reports and other documents throughout a project lifecycle.
- Compile weekly Project Board reports for all ongoing projects
- Maintain a Lessons Learned Knowledgebase
Managing Project Conflicts and Risk
- Focus main attention on reducing risk significantly by adhering to a policy of open communication, ensuring that project participants can voice their opinions and concerns
- Proactively Manage risk mitigation strategy and ensure risks are handed over for operational management when the project goes live
- Strives to maintain the progress and mutual interaction and tasks of various parties in such a way that reduces the risk of overall failure, maximises benefits and reduces costs
- Agree a communication process at the beginning of all projects
- Responsible for gathering all necessary information from the change initiator prior to presenting to governance teams
- Monitoring any change reviews, and following up on all approved changes including disseminating new project document
Skills / Experience Required:
- 6+ years' experience in management of complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record in delivering on-time, on budget projects.
- Accreditation (PMP, Degree, Dip, PMBOK, PRINCE2) or other relevant accreditation
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, knowledge of project financial management
- Excellent understanding of software delivery methodologies (agile and waterfall)
- Track record of proactive contribution to ongoing PMO (Maturity) process improvement
- Proven experience of facilitating business stakeholders in strategic/planning workshops
- Experience with delivery of complex infrastructure solutions into a mission critical operational environment
- Be able to work at a detailed level whilst being able to extract ideas for communication to senior management
- Proven experience of delivering IT infrastructure projects with varying degrees of complex integrations with other systems