Senior Systems Accountant
Responsible for ensuring all functionality within the central Financial system, and ancillary finance systems are performed correctly. This requires a clear understanding of the functionality of the finance systems and the ability to explain and resolve issues which may arise.
Duties and responisibilities:
* Ensure the finance systems are fit for purpose in terms of functionality, integration, controls and security, in line with best practices.
* Ensure controls are in place to protect the integrity of the information in the financial systems.
* Ensure financial data from the other information systems can link in smoothly and properly with the central financial system.
* Act as a custodian of the Chart of Accounts hierarchies by ensuring that new cost centres, job codes and income/expenditure codes abide by certain posting rules.
* Responsibility for the design, configuration and test of changes to the financial systems, in conjunction with Vendor where appropriate, as part of a formal change lifecycle process.
* Responsibility for system housekeeping activities on the central financial system.
* Maintain a high level of knowledge about all products, systems and procedures that relate to the accounting and finance process.
* Work closely with Finance operations personnel to identify where software configuration changes in the financial systems, and/or process re-engineering, will help to improve business practices.
* Work closely with Finance operations personnel to investigate and resolve system accounting queries.
* Accounting degree/qualification or IT /Business/Finance degree
* Qualified or Part/Qualified Accountant
Experience & Knowledge:
* 5 + years commercial experience in an accounting role
* 3+ years commercial experience in the maintenance of a financial processing software system
* Technically strong on accounting entries
* Experience of working in tandem with IT/Vendors to deliver changes to the finance system
* Understanding of change lifecycle process and controls
* Proficient in Microsoft Office product
* Proven ability to perform under pressure
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong interpersonal and networking skills
* Strong communication, documentation and presentation skills
* Good organisational skills and leadership capability
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Ability to work effectively and prioritise own workload.
My client is looking for someone who has strong experience with all functionality of finance systems and possesses a genuine interest in the technology of the system; how it works and links to other systems, configures, performs etc...
They will need to work closely with the Finance Operations team who are based in the Cavan office however this role itself can based in either Blanchardstown or Cavan. The role will report to the IT Solution Design & Architecture Manager.
Apply with CV and Cover note outlining previous experience and suitability for the role.