Senior SQL Database Administrator
Our Global client based Kilkenny are looking for a SQL Server DBA to join their strategic team
You will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems.
You will work closely with the corporate DBA aligning with corporate standards and policies.
- Management of SQL server databases
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real-time
- Provide suggestions for solutions and mentor members of the team
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Perform off-hours works as needed to comply with production change policy.
- Assume on-call rotational support.
- 5 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role ranging from experience with editions 2008 to 2019.
- Strong understanding of the architecture of the RDBMS platform and how various components can impact the system from availability to performance.
- Infrastructure - strong understanding of the operating system, networking and other underlying components of the infrastructure as it relates to the RDBMS supported.
- Recovery - strong understanding of advanced business continuity and disaster recovery options for supported RDBMS. Clearly communicates available options to application teams with minimal supervision.
- Experience with reports services/RPS with Power BI.
- Strong understanding of database design and query strategy to advise customers on optimal database performance.
Are you the person we are looking for? We are shortlisting now so please APPLY via the 'Apply' button below
Not Ready to Apply??? Feel free to reach out to me James Roche for a confidential discussion on 087 6029427 or email me at