Senior Speech Therapist
Are you a Senior Speech Therapist with Stroke Rehabilitation/Elderly care experience?
We have a fulltime, permanent position available for a Senior Speech Therapist within an acute hospital, located in south county Dublin.
Role Overview: The Senior Speech therapist will manage patients presenting with acquired communication and swallowing disorders in both acute and rehabilitative care.
The Therapist will work primarily in acute care with initial assignment to Medicine of the Elderly Department There will be some input to Out-Patient Services for Parkinson's Disease and Dementia Care.
This is a Fulltime, Permanent Position, working 37 hours per week.
The Speech & Language Therapist will:
- Be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation of treatment / intervention programmes for service users according to professional standards
- Arrange and carry out assessment and treatment / intervention programmes in appropriate settings in line with local policy / guidelines and professional standards
- Communicate results of assessments and recommendations to the service user and relevant others as appropriate
- Document all assessment, diagnosis, treatment / intervention plans, clinical notes, relevant contacts and summaries in accordance with department and professional standards
- Collaborate with service user, family, carers and other staff in goal setting and treatment / intervention planning
- Foster close working relationships with colleagues and other healthcare professionals in the hospital
Essential Criteria for role:
- Candidates must hold a degree in Speech and Language Therapy or an equivalent qualification. This degree must be recognised and approved by the Department of Health & Children.
- Candidates must be CORU registered
- Candidates must be members of the IASLT.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years Speech and Language Therapy experience.
- Candidates must hold a dysphagia qualification or equivalent as outlined in "Standards of Practice for Speech & Language Therapists on the Management of Feeding, Eating, Drinking and Swallowing Disorders (Dysphagia)", Irish Association of Speech & Language Therapists (IASLT) 2012
- Training and experience in Dementia Care is desirable
- Parking, Excellent Pension Scheme (5% employee contribution)
- Study support for third level courses - financial support & study leave
- Free Life assurance for all employees
- Generous reward and recognition scheme.
- Heavily discounted hospital services to staff
- Travel saver and Bike to Work scheme
FRS Recruitment: Are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact -If you have experience working with an acute setting and are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Donovan Lock, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 145 0842, Email your CV