Senior Speech and Language Therapist (Adult ID)
I am looking for a highly experienced Senior Speech & Language Therapist on behalf of a highly reputable disability service located in north Dublin. This is a brand new role within an adult disability day service team in north Dublin.
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge, this is your calling!
If you are compassionate, committed and can demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner within a culture of person-centeredness, then this is an ideal opportunity for you.
This is a new role, fulltime hours, a 6 month fixed term contract to begin with.
A very exciting opportunity to join the Adult Day Services team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a complex caseload, exercising advanced clinical reasoning in making autonomous decisions on a daily basis. In addition to program development, the successful candidate will be an active member of the Adult Day services team.
- To provide a quality, evidence -based Speech and Language Therapy service to adults with a primary intellectual disability, psycho-social, sensory and physical impairments in consultation with their families, carers and staff.
- To provide a Speech and Language Therapy service including assessment, intervention, programme planning, monitoring, consultation and/or onward referral services, as appropriate.
- To prioritise together with the Services Manager to optimize the quality, efficacy and equity of the service provided. To maintain a waiting list if/when necessary.
- To manage a complex clinical caseload, exercising advanced clinical reasoning, in making autonomous decisions and judgements on a daily basis. This involves acting within clinical knowledge base, to prioritise (in consultation with Services Manager), to implement assessment, diagnostic formulation; care planning, intervention and discharge.
- BSc/MSc in Speech and Language Therapy or its equivalent
- Possession of CORU Registration is essential
- 3 years' experience in working with complex/dual diagnosis cases ASD+ID, ADHD+ ID is essential
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Full Clean Driving licence and use of a car - Essential
We are offering free flights to Irish Expats all over the world!
Looking to return home and kick starting your new career? Here at FRS Recruitment, we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply).
FRS recruitment are leading providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. We pride ourselves in the standard of service we provide to both candidates and clients. We also have a dedicated Compliance Officer to provide unparalleled support and guidance throughout the recruitment process, and throughout a relocation process if applicable.
Contact: If you have experience working with disabilities and are interested in this fantastic opportunity please contact Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527
#WeWorkForYou #SLT #Senior #Speech #Language #NorthDublin