Senior Software Test Engineer
Our client in Galway is now looking to recruit a QA Test Engineer to join their team.
You will be part of the QA team working closely with the R&D team, to evaluate and test our advanced imaging solutions for the state-of-the-art portable devices.
What will you be doing?
- Evaluating the quality of image analysis and processing algorithms.
- Design and implement automated test cases
- Prepare detailed reports by filtering and processing complex test results data.
- Create and maintain shared documentation, including documentation of testing plans and procedures, test-case specifications and test reports
- Organize, carry out and document automated and manual exploratory testing of imaging products in cameras or in software applications.
- Help organizing and performing photo shoot sessions to acquire image datasets
- 3+ of software testing, QA or programming experience
- Proven experience with automated testing, ideally using scripting languages.
- Good knowledge and solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Java
- Familiarity with development tools such as Eclipse IDE.
- BS in computer science, electric/electronic engineering or mathematics
- Initiative, self-motivation, thoroughness and superior attention to details
- Excellent written and spoken English
Additional Skills (would be a huge advantage):
- Experience with C or C++ programming
- Additional scripting and programming experience, using various software development tools
- Testing and QA experience for Automotive SW products or technologies
- Experience with Process Quality Assurance in software development (e.g. SPICE, CMMI)
- Understanding of digital image processing algorithms (digitization & coding, enhancement & restoration, segmentation and description)
- People Management experience, not essential but would be an advantage.