Senior Social Worker - Mental Health
FRS are delighted to be recruiting a passionate, experienced Senior Social Worker for an organisation based in South Dublin who provide care and support individuals with ongoing mental health needs.
My client's aim is to deliver the highest standard of care possible care to their patients and residents and to provide excellent training to their staff, in a friendly and professional environment.
The Senior Social Worker role will be to support the Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme and to provide supports to residents.
Permanent, full time position
South Dublin Location
- Provide a professional social work service to the attending patient population, family and relevant others in services.
- Assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of social work programmes for residents according to professional standards and to keep abreast of developments in the field.
- Collaboration with resident, family, carers and other staff in goal setting and support/intervention planning.
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary/healthcare team and work in co-operation and collaboration with team members.
- Maintain comprehensive clinical records of assessments, interventions carried out, communications relating to residents.
- Manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student social workers and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Be registered on the Social Worker Register maintained by the Social Work Registration Board at CORU.
- Hold a degree in Social Work or an equivalent qualification and be eligible for membership with the Irish Association of Social Workers.
- Have five years full time or accumulation of 5 years post qualification clinical experience.
- Have established clinical experience in working with individuals with severe and enduring mental health conditions in the area of mental health rehabilitation.
- Have experience in homeless services and forensic mental health services.
- Strong ability to teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student social workers and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more, please call Isabel Gough, Recruitment Consultant on 0861449043.