Senior R&D Engineer
Are your design skills being underutilised in your current role?
Would you like to work for a company that produces products that both enhance and saves lives?
Are you tired of being micro-managed and yearn for a role where you can work independently?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a R & D Engineer to join a large Cork based multinational medical device company. This employer of choice offers fantastic career progression as well as very attractive salary & benefits package.
THE ROLE: As Senior Engineer you will be a key player in the development of products, materials, processes & equipment while developing, directing and executing project plans. You will also be tasked with compiling, analysing and reporting operational, test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes and materials
In this multi-faceted role, you will wear a number of different hats covering process development, design development & packaging and model development.
Some of your key tasks in this exciting role will include:
* Designing, procuring & fabricating tooling & fixtures
* Troubleshooting on new products/processes
* Training and providing work direction to techncians
* Providing Design for Manufacturability input to the engineering print package
* Provide ideas to or generous IP submissions
* Work with Physicians to get feedback on concepts and performance of new devices
* Invent /create concepts & designs for new products/processes
* 3D data manipulation for printing & casting models
* Working with materials/model vendors
* Interfacing with the R& D and Marketing teams
REQUIREMENTS: You will ideally have 2 years + experience in the medical device sector and be degree qualified (mechanical or biomedical preferred). You will be a highly analytical engineer who lives and breathes problem solving and due to the highly collaborative nature of the position you will be natural relationship builder with strong leadership ability.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU? As Senior R + D Engineer you will work in a cutting edge world class manufacturing environment where the demands are great but where there is huge opportunity to progress your career and advance your technical expertise with a company that put a premium on talent development and employee engagement.
You also get the opportunity to work with a company that enhances patient's lives globally with an extremely competitive salary and benefits package that includes pension, healthcare, bonus & educational assistance.
INTERESTED? To apply, click the button!
Or if you just have some questions about the job or want to have a chat call Leo on 086 020 2554 or connect on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/lcordingley/