Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client is currently seeking Senior Quantity Surveyor's who are based either in Co. Offaly, Dublin or Wicklow.
- Integrate the commercial strategy, amending with MQS to suit project as it develops.
- Liaise with & commercially influence/challenge the other members of the team and the construction process.
- Take ownership for, administer & represent the company in commercial & contractual issues, including but not limited to:
- Preparing tenders, analysing, selecting appropriate s/c & finalising s/c orders, financial & commercially manage to Final Account completion.
- Prepare & present forecasts, targets & CV reconciliations.
- Prepare & agree valuations, including generating certificates & invoice/payments.
- Variations prepare with adequate/appropriate records, agree as works progress.
- Update projected Final Accounts on regular basis and prepare, submit & agree Final Account in a timely manner.
- Involvement in value engineering & design development
- Maintain & protect JSS commercial & contractual entitlement
- Prelim controls/monitoring - establish & maintain
- Site records/admin & document control
- Insurance & warranties
- CVR - Maintain an independent view in commercial reporting following the Valuation Policy
- Manage & oversee the junior commercial staff.
- Tender - Support & work with the pre-construction department in tenders & 2-stage tenders
- Cash management - ensure timely payment & adequate cash management positions are maintained
- Take responsibility for control of traditional contracts & contracts over €/£15m.
- Supervise QS and AQS & sign-off SMM/measurement issues.
- Take ownership for specific deliverables as advised by the Commercial Manager
- Manages the recording and submission of claims in respect of delay and loss / expense. Able to formulate detailed arguments in respect of such issues and make representation to the relevant parties
Experience & Skills
- Ability to communicate articulately, both verbally & in writing
- Manage both people & situations sensitively & to commercial advantage.
- Commercially inventive & astute
- Demonstrate ownership and commercial awareness
- Effective time management, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Have experience mentoring and managing others
- Is able to balance the need to be assertive and pragmatic, when dealing with a broad range of stakeholders
- Able to manage a complex large scale project and/or multiple projects and is responsible for project Delivery Teams
- Based on previous experience is able to discuss more complex construction technologies, with an understanding of the commercial implications. Able to conduct negotiations in relation to a range of issues on a project and secure acceptable commercial results
- Able to draft contractual and commercially sensitive correspondence and reports and doing so on a regular basis
- Will have led the commercial delivery of a large project or a section of a major project with a team of Quality Surveyors
- Effectively tailors communications to local audiences and can articulate complex ideas and facts into a simple structure in most situations
- Can provide detailed advice on contract conditions, undertake tender scrutiny/vetts, identify issues that require legal advice, and manage the resolution of contractual issues. Has a detailed working knowledge of bonds, guarantees, warranties, insurances, letters of intent and other common contractual mechanisms
- Lead the procurement, negotiation and letting of complex sub-contracts. Can supervise the preparation of documents for complex main contracts
- Behavioural Based Safety (BBS)
- Adjudication / dispute resolution
- Leadership & delegation skills
- Introduction to management
- Legal appreciation / overview
- CPD - Legislation & Industry Trends
- CVR appreciation
- Presentation & communication skills
If you are interested in this role and hold suitable experience please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided