Senior Quality Engineer
Job title: Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
Type: Full time, permanent
Remuneration: Attractive salary + benefits
- The focus is on leading the Quality activity within the department from NPI through to manufacture & then to customer support.
- The role is a highly technical role requiring creative problem solving and risk management approaches backed by solid scientific methods.
- Be the Voice of quality within the department, and lead our systematic 'Built-in Quality' approach.
- The candidate will be working in a technical role, with cross functional work across the plant and other sites.
- The role will report into the Site Quality Manager and will offer scope for both personal and career development.
Main duties and tasks:
* Act as the first point of Quality within the department. Ensure Quality issues are managed and resolved within production and appropriate escalations are progressed
* Support and analyse current Quality methodologies covering Supplier Quality, NPI or PCM, in-process Quality Assurance and end-of-line Quality Control to identify and implement improvements with the local teams
* Maximise inspection and measurement capability from system design, evaluation, MSA through to SPC implementation.
* Carry out process audits, risk management initiatives & training.ls, control plans and ensure adherence in production.
* Respond to Quality problems including supplier, yield and customer issues. Lead the analysis of issues, as well as problem solving initiatives to identify and correct root causes
Main requirements / criteria skills
* Appropriate engineering or science qualification. Ideally Mechanical, Manufacturing or Material Engineering degree, NFQ Level 8 or higher.
* Experience in Quality processes, systems & tools.
* IT literacy including Excel, SQL databases, Minitab.
* Excellent communication, people and team working skills, can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for improvement
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (in Word format) through this website now in the strictest of confidence.