Senior Project Manager
My client an iconic Irish renewable's & utility service provider (encompassing electricity, heating, resource recovery, water, growing media and related service) are on a journey of transformation, innovation, sustainability and growth.
Currently recruiting for a Sr Project Manager to for their Kildare based Renewable Energy Business Unit.
Having adopted a new strategy of putting sustainable business, products and services at the heart of what they do, a career here offers great opportunities for those interested in working with cutting edge technologies in a company culture where you are empowered to think independently, be innovative and take the initiative! You would also be joining a business unit with big plans to become a leading renewable energy provider.
As Senior Project Manager you will report to the Commercial Development Manager and your remit will include providing technical and project management expertise in the identification, assessment, development, and delivery of Renewable Energy projects with a particular focus on the drive to reduce the LCOE of large renewable projects.
You will also assist in the development of new commercial opportunities for the Renewable Energy business unit and wider Group.
SOME OF THE KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS EXCITING Sr PM ROLE INCLUDE:
* Lead the formulation of the LCOE (levelized cost of energy) strategy and its execution. Engage with and co-ordinate team members across the business unit to proactively drive efficiency, effectiveness and economy in the development and operation of projects;
* Support the scoping, planning and co-ordination of early stage project development activities of assigned work packages in renewable energy projects to successfully deliver required outputs. Analyse and appraise the key technical inputs and assumptions to assist in the building of robust business cases and financial models for the projects;
* Support the project management and delivery of renewable energy projects from feasibility through to commercial operation through the execution of agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets;
* Manage the procurement of all goods and services required in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements. Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms. Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance the contract terms and technical specifications set;
* Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of consents. Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with company policy is pursued on projects under management. Coordinate the prepare all documentation required to obtain Board, Departmental and Ministerial approvals;
* Support the Commercial Development team, including inputs as required into technical due diligence processes, technical inputs into feasibility, strategy review and business planning processes.
* Lead and Performance Manage your direct report(s). Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's objectives;
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU.
You will hold an Hons Degree In Engineering, ideally hold a recognised PM qualification and have 5 years + experience in a senior PM role.
A strong background and experience in the development of renewable energy projects is a requirement for this role as is a proven PM track record in the supervision of technical projects.
A deep knowledge of the relevant health & safety & environmental legislation/regulations in key for the Sr Project Manager role and you will have very strong report writing and communications skills.
Finally you will be proficient in AutoCAD, Arcmap, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
Sound like your cup of tea?
If you're ready to apply right now - press the 'Apply' button and send in your CV in Word format. Suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours for an initial chat.