Senior Project Engineer
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer working within a manufacturing and production company in the South East.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead the Value Stream Engineering function in the implementation of Capacity improvement initiatives, process improvements and cost saving opportunities within TMI Foods Ltd
- Implementation of continuous improvement programs across production ensuring compliance with lean principles
- Support development and qualification of equipment and processes to support new product introduction as required
- In conjunction with Operations and Planning, develop a strategic plan to accommodate planned production increases.
- Act as the main interface between the S&I and Operations functions, facilitating improvements to the assembly process through product / process changes, in a timely manner.
- Guide the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products .
- Integration of new designs into the current production processes and complete an appropriate commissioning program to validate success.
- Develop department KPI's which reflect the improvements achieved and report on a monthly cycle.
- Manage members of the Production Engineering team to include performance management and development, assessing priorities and providing direction to ensure all tasks are completed to the highest of standards.
- From an introduction and commissioning viewpoint, develop detailed work instructions for the assembly of the machine ensuring they are assembled to correct technical standards utilizing tools and fixtures to remove any H&S or Quality Assurance risks.
- Develop, implement and track budget spends per project ensuring all are within spend
- Co -ordinate troubleshooting and technical support of process, materials and equipment operation
- Engineering lead for Audit activities
- Lead project planning and co-ordination managing the day to day deliverables of the manufacturing engineering (projects) work stream.
- Manage communication and work commitments with teams' external to the core team.
- Ability to develop technical capability of group to achieve business strategy through mentoring/coaching
- Define and ensure adherence to compliance standards, set norms and behaviors within the engineering team and its stakeholders
- Any other reasonable tasks as outlined by your direct Manager or head of department
Experience required for role
- 5+ years managerial experience in a similar role within a manufacturing company.
- Degree in mechanical / manufacturing engineering
- Very strong background in Software Engineering
- Food manufacturing project management experience is essential
- Extensive Project Management experience is essential
- People Management experience is essential
- Experience managing budgets to strict guidelines with proven success on payback
If you are interested in this role and hold suitable experience please contact Jennifer on 0567775550 and apply through the link provided for more information.