Senior Process Engineer
Reporting to the Engineering Coordinator, you will be a member of the engineering group that provides engineering support within a high volume, fully automated manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for and involved in process development, troubleshooting, maintenance and continuous improvement of the production processes and equipment in the assigned manufacturing area.
- Lead and be the subject matter expert in the assigned process engineering group.
- Provide daily guidance and communication to Engineering Technicians through daily PVD, email and follow up meetings as appropriate.
- Provide support to operations to optimize existing processes and to ensure that production goals are met.
- Monitoring equipment performance to lead/support improvement activity to reduce downtime events and yield losses.
- Drive process improvements through identification of problem areas/opportunities and collaboration with internal groups and external vendors using Lean/Six Sigma and project management techniques.
- Lead the complete validation of new and existing equipment including acceptance trials, debugging, process development, and final validation.
- Development and coordination of related documentation, including standard operating procedures, set-up guides, validation documentation.
- Engage with vendors on the development, design, and evaluation of equipment and/or processes requiring novel and innovative approaches in technology.
- Liaise with corporate R&D in the development of new projects and ensure that project timelines are met.
- Participate in the continuous improvement programs.
- Coordinate planned maintenance activities and process parameter records.
- Support the requirements of ISO13485 and quality system procedures including promoting and complying with cGMP.
- Assist with QNs, customer complaints and CAPA investigations.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience within a high volume, highly automated assembly and/or packaging operation.
You will be technically qualified with a Third Level Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
The ideal candidate will have experience of using planned maintenance systems e.g. SAP, CMMS.
Knowledge of PLC's, Autocad, Vision Systems, high speed assembly and/or packaging operation would be a distinct advantage.