Job title: Senior Polymer Engineer
Location: Co. Galway (West)
The Senior Polymer Engineer should have a full understanding of the injection moulding
process across a range of applications. The role includes direct support of tool procurement, design, process optimisation and transfer to production. The position will report into the Engineering Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
* Process Introduction of New Tools; Tool trials at tool makers and in-house, tool set-up, qualification runs and handover to production.
* Assist with the design and debugging of new systems, tooling and automation.
* Completion of IQ, OQ, PQ validation reports. Complete product validations being capable of generating a process window / IQ / OQ / PQ protocols and reports.
* Perform designed experiments to enhance processes as well as improve yields and utilisation through reduced cycle and efficient set-ups.
* Front line liaison with customers, suppliers and toolmakers.
* Responsible for the Moulding Process Systems including setting sheets, process control, deviation and control of setting sheets.
* Troubleshooting, supporting Team Leaders as required.
* Liaising with tool room, maintenance, production and quality on a daily basis.
* Develop/Implement maintenance programs for moulding and ancillary equipment.
* Assist in maintaining clean, safe working environment.
* Other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in Polymer or Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
* 5 years experience mould design, procurement, process development and validation experience.
* A knowledge of Engineering and Quality systems.
* A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost effective solutions.
* A demonstrated ability to follow structured problem solving methodology.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to lead and manage large projects, Project Teams and multi-project portfolios.
* Ability to make and implement decisions.
* A keen eye for detail and the ability to work in a highly technical, challenging and changing environment.
* Working knowledge of measurement systems.
* Experience in cleanroom procedures and medical moulding would be an advantage, but not necessary.
* Familiar with process set up and validation, including performing process window/repeatability studies, DOE's, IQ,OQ,PQ etc.