Are You A Senior Physiotherapist with experience providing expert care to patients in the area of continence care?
Do you want to join a busy team of Physiotherapists in a Leading University Hospital in Cork?
Here at FRS we are very excited to be supporting our client to recruit a Senior Physiotherapist to work 4 days a week.
This hospital has been renowned for decades as a Great place to work, surrounded by lovely people on the front line offering excellent care 24/7. The excellent culture within the workplace is underpinned by this Hospitals Core Values.
Details of Service:
Provision of Physiotherapy services to patients who are referred with bladder and /or bowel dysfunction. This service will accept referrals from hospital consultant teams and on occasion from other hospital as required. It will be delivered on an outpatient and outreach basis from the hospital, with close links with other specialist centres and community services in Cork.
Purpose of the Post:
To be responsible for the provision of a high quality person-centred Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation service in the area of continence care to include other clinical and educational duties as assigned.
Principal duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for highly specialist assessment, treatment planning, treatment implementation and review of treatment / intervention programmes for patients with continence / dysfunction issues; both bladder and bowel and male and female on an outpatient and outreach setting as scoped in the Details of Service.
- Collaborate with service users, family, carers, other therapists, consultant teams, physiologists and other staff as appropriate in treatment / intervention, planning and provision of services in a coordinated way
- To lead the clinical Physiotherapy rehabilitation of patients with continence issues and be a regional resource in conjunction with community settings
- Collaborate with MDT in discharge planning or transfer of care between services as appropriate
- Maintain clinical records in accordance with local, hospital and Professional guidelines, and be involved in documentation audits, providing data on a regular basis as required by the HSE
- Communicate verbally and / or in writing results of assessments, treatment / intervention programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy
- Attend clinics, review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, etc. as required and at varied locations.
- Attend outreach clinics and participate in multi-professional treatment sessions
- Support community teams in the delivery of integrated care
- Participate in oncall and weekend working arrangements and maintian competency in accordance with departmental policy.
The successful candidate will be offered a 1 year specified purpose contract with the hospital. This role requires an immediate start.
- BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy from the University of Dublin or possess the Bachelor in Physiotherapy (Hons) degree from National University of Ireland or (possess the Diploma in Physiotherapy of the University of Dublin or the National University of Dublin
- CORU Registration Essential.
- Have had at least 3 years post qualification experience some of which must be in the area of continence care, ideally with both make and female patients
- Have CPD in the area of continence care
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative as well as being a team-player
- Available to start work immediately.
- Be flexible to take part on the on call rota
If you are reliable, progressive, respectful and kind I want to work with you
Here at FRS Recruitment we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact: To learn more about this position, please contact Charlene Cooke, Client Relationship Manager, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 0227527 for more information