Senior Physiotherapist Aquatic Dublin
Position: Senior Physiotherapist - Aquatic Physiotherapy
Type of role: Full time (37h/week), permanent
Salary: HSE scale, €53-62.5k per annum pro rata
Annual leave: 30 days
Working hours: May vary in accordance with company needs, flexibility required for occasional requirement for outside of the normal office hours.
Location: Dublin South (periodic travel between two locations required), own transport and full driving licence required
I am very happy to assist my client, the largest hospice in Ireland, in recruitment of an experienced Aquatic Physiotherapist / Senior Physiotherapist. You will be joining a large team (15+) of physiotherapist in delivering effective, efficient and safe treatment and intervention for patients attending the hydrotherapy pools. Supervision and mentoring of staff grade physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants/pool plant operators and students will be an integral part of your role.
One of Ireland's largest hospices continues its mission by providing, with loving care, high quality, person-centred health and social care services in the Hospice and community. Part of wide range of services are Rheumatology Rehabilitation Unit and specialist Palliative care unit.
- BSc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent.
- Post graduate clinical education in Aquatic Therapy or willingness to undertake same
- Post graduate clinical education relating to Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal conditions
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills together with evidence of leadership in significant internal or external service development
- You will be Registered with CORU
- You will be a member of or eligible for membership of The Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists (ISCP).
- You will have min 3+ years post qualification experience as a Physiotherapist
- You will have at least 6 months post qualification experience in aquatic physiotherapy for adults/children with Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal conditions
- Excellent IT skills relevant to the role
- You will have a Valid Full Driving Licence (essential)
- Available to take up work asap
- Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Membership of the ISCP Chartered Physiotherapists in Aquatic Physiotherapy Clinical Interest Group
- Further post graduate formal qualifications in aquatic physiotherapy and Rheumatic & Musculoskeletal conditions
- Be responsible for the organisation, delivery and development of the physiotherapy service to patients in the Aquatic Physiotherapy Service in conjunction with the other senior physiotherapist in the area.
- Maintain an awareness of current research developments in Aquatic Physiotherapy and the implications that these may have for the physiotherapy service.
- Be responsible for patient assessment, development and implementation of individualised aquatic physiotherapy treatment plans that are patient centred and in line with best practice
- Be responsible for standards of practice of self and staff appointed to the Aquatic Physiotherapy Service
- Communicate and work in co-operation with other team members in providing an integrated quality service, taking the lead role as required
- Develop effective communication with and provide instruction, guidance and support for staff, patients, family, carers etc.
- Document patient records in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies
- Demonstrate flexibility and work across both sites as the need arises
- Develop and promote professional standards of practice in aquatic physiotherapy
- Operate within the scope of practice of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists
- Work within own scope of professional competence in line with principles of best practice, professional conduct and clinical governance
- Other duties include Administrative and Management duties, Education and Training, Quality, Safety and Risk
- Full Job description and full list of duties available on request
To apply for this role, please submit your CV (in Word) through this website in the strictest of confidence for initial review by FRS Recruitment, or contact Renata Ryan on 0860239020 to discuss further.
Applying through FRS Recruitment: providers to Medical and Allied Healthcare professionals to public and private hospitals throughout Ireland. Our Compliance Officer will provide an additional support and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
#physiotherapyjobs #physiotherapist #jobsDublin #jobsHaroldsCross #alliedhealthprofessional #jobs #ireland #frsrecruitment #weworkforyou