Senior Part Time Occupational Therapist
Senior Occupational Therapist Opportunity in Galway!
Are you a qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Senior Occupational Therapist with a passion for working in Children's Disability Services? Do you have strong team working skills and a commitment to a child and family centred approach with a flexible attitude to changing environments? Do you have experience in applying theory, knowledge and skills of Occupational Therapy using evidence based interventions to support children with complex disabilities?
If this sounds like you, Opportunity awaits, Apply today!
FRS are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Occupational Therapist to join a leading agency in providing care to Children with complex disability needs in the community on a Permanent, Part-time basis. The post involves working with a large team in co-coordinating and delivering occupational services for children and their families. The post holder will be a member of the Children's Disability Network Team (CDNT) in the Network 6 Geographical area (central Galway and East City Galway) under the national framework of Progressing Disabilities Services (PDS) for children 0-18yrs.
29.5 hours per week based on a 5 day duty roster. Contracted hours are liable to change between the hours of 8am - 8pm as future service needs require.
- Hold an Occupational therapy qualification recognised by the Occupational Therapy Registration Board at CORU
- Be registered on the Occupational Therapists Register, maintained by the Occupational Therapy Registration Board at CORU
- Candidates who are not yet on the Occupational Therapy Register but who satisfy the conditions set out in the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005, must submit proof of application for registration with the Occupational Therapy Registration Board at CORU. The acceptable proof is correspondence from the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU confirming their application for registration.
- Candidates must have three years full time (or an aggregate of three years full time) post qualification clinical experience. At least one of those years is experience working with children with disabilities.
- A full clean driving licence and use of a car is an essential requirement of this post.
- Relevant post graduate education e.g. diploma, degree, masters
- Training and experience of skills in the following:
Neurodisability e.g. Certified Bobath training/NDT, SI
Postural management, Motor and Tone management, Complex Seating
Autism, Developmental Co-ordination Disorders, Sensory Processing Difficulties, Intellectual disability
FRS Recruitment: Here at FRS Recruitment, we offer FREE Flights to Irish Citizens returning home who successfully secure a job through our agency (T's &C's apply)
Contact: If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Isabel Gough, Recruitment Consultant, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: M: +353(0)86 1449043 for more information.