Senior Occupational Therapist
We are seeking applications for the position of a senior occupational therapist to join the team in a specialist mental health service in the West of Ireland inpatient services. Working with clients presenting with a variety of complex needs such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, depression and anxiety. The role is to engage with patients in both a voluntary and involuntary environment. Support in developing inpatient programmes, group facilitations and activities appropriate to client group.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious teaching hospital dedicated to the delivery of excellent quality care in a supportive environment that promotes continuing professional development.
- Be responsible for staff appointed to clinical designated areas leading the team, managing and evaluating treatment programmes.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day running of a designated service area(s) by supervising staff, prioritising and allocating work and promoting positive staff morale and team in conjunction with the occupational manager.
- Attend clinics, review meetings, team meetings, case conferences, ward rounds etc. as designated by Occupational Therapist Manager
- This is an exciting opportunity to work within a leading hospital as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
Benefits: Package includes the following
- Excellent competitive salaries
- 12 month contract with possibility of extension
- 39-hour week
- Supportive environment that promotes opportunities for continuing professional development
- Free parking facilities
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A recognised Occupational Therapy qualification with CORU registration.
- Minimum 3 years clinical practice experience of which minimum 2 years must be in a mental health setting
- Excellent communication skills
For further information, please contact Michelle in FRS Recruitment - Email: - Mobile: +353 (0) 861449043