Senior Medical Scientist
Medical Scientist - Red Cell Immunohaematology Laboratory
Are you interested in working in a Dublin based hospital that provides exceptional patient care?
FRS are honoured to be recruiting skilled, enthusiastic Senior Medical Scientists who will be based in the Blood Transfusion Laboratory of a well renowned hospital in Dublin.
- Perform routine, specialised and research / development work to the highest professional standards according to RCI Laboratory policies and procedures, as determined by the laboratory management team.
- Test and process patient/donor samples, performing routine work to the highest professional standard
- Operation of automated testing systems
- Participate in the provision of on call service for compatibility testing and urgent reference serological testing, once appropriate training received.
- Participate in writing and updating of laboratory documentation.
- Participate in evaluation, calibration and validation of new procedures and equipment.
- Candidates must possess a postgraduate degree in the field of Medical Laboratory Science, or are in the process of attaining a postgraduate degree in the field of Medical Laboratory Science, or have attained the fellowship of the Institute of Biomedical Science.
- Possess 4 years' experience in a laboratory since qualifying as a Medical Scientist
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extensive experience of red cell immunohaematology including complex red cell antibody investigation, resolution of blood group anomalies and compatibility testing.
If you are interested in discussing the above role or any of our other vacancies please contact Isabel Gough, Recruitment Consultant, Allied Healthcare Division, FRS Recruitment. Tel: +353(0)86 1449043.