Senior Internal Auditor
My client, a Semi-state body in Ireland, is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor on a permanent basis. This role will be based in Newbridge and will report to the Head of Internal Audit. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing, and completing reviews of financial and operational processes throughout the Group.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- develop and execute risk-based internal audit plans focused on business risks and controls,
- Undertake strategic reviews evaluating the adequacy of the control environment in terms of design and operating effectiveness,
- Lead and manage the end-to-end audit process, including initial research and risk assessment for each assignment,
- Monitor the progress of corrective action plans resulting from audit findings,
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry best practices to ensure compliance,
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings,
- Actively develop and maintain positive relationships with senior managers and staff
- Collaborate with management to identify areas of risk and develop strategies to mitigate risk
- Make informed and balanced recommendations to the business on the systems and procedures being reviewed,
- Communicate audit results and recommendations to senior management,
- Between others
In order to be successful, you will have:
- A recognised accounting qualification. Internal Auditing qualification an advantage or a willingness to sign up to the IIA exams.
- Strong knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing,
- Previous experience of working with an internal audit function
- A highly motivated self-starter with the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent analytical, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
If you are interested, apply to Monica Bergmann now.