Senior HR Advisor
Senior HR Advisor
Permanent Full time
Location: North Dublin
Working partnership with the Head of HR/Payroll, you will provide support and guidance on all aspects of HR. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and confident in providing expert employee relations advice, they will ensure legal compliance in relation to all employment law and legislation and ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
Facilities Management / Services Industry Experience Essential
- Providing accurate & professional employment law advice to line managers on all employee relations issues
- Supporting divisional management on performance management, absence management, company policies, employment legislation
- Support and guidance for line managers throughout the disciplinary and grievance processes including drafting associated letters to employees.
- Planning, implementation and on-going development of organisational policies, practices and procedures for use across the company to deal with disciplinary issues, new starters, leavers, probationary periods, sickness absence, holidays, pensions, etc.
- Communicating with Unions across Ireland to resolve any employee issues as they arise.
- Preparing for and representing the company at Third Party Hearings in partnership with our legal team.
- Advising on and processing of all redundancy situations and situations of temporary layoff and/or reductions in hours.
- Advice, guidance & administration throughout the Transfer of Undertakings Regulations process.
- Process end to end recruitment i.e. draft job descriptions, advertising process, manage applications, conduct interviews when required and process all regrets and new starts.
- Ensure completion of processing new candidates from authorisation of Candidate Job Offer Forms for all salaried employees prior to job offer, to pre-employment referencing and preparation and issue of contracts of employment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent and ideally CIPD qualified, but more importantly you will have a thorough working knowledge of all areas of employment law.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years' experience within a HR environment with proven experience of dealing with all aspects of ER/IR issues.
- Facilities Management / Services Industry Experience Essential
- Demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and discretion.
- Experience within a unionised environment an advantage
- Experience of providing advice and guidance at management level
- Expert employee relations knowledge and ability to give advice and support
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical way
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player with strong communication and management skills
- A good work ethic with a positive 'can do' attitude and approach to work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential