Senior Pharmacist required for a hospital in Co. Cork for a full time maternity contract position, (12 months).
To provide pharmacy services to wards and departments within the hospital and reporting to the Hospital Manager. Identify and address individual patient care needs where appropriate. Advise and provide information to other healthcare professionals, including other pharmacists, to assist them in their care of the patient.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The supervision and supply of drugs pharmaceuticals and other related items as may be required
- To ensure that the purchase storage and supply of all items is operated on the most economical lines consistent with quality at pharmacy ward and department levels and with reference to legal requirements transit security and conditions of chemical and physical stability
- The organisation development and expansion of a ward and clinical pharmacy service the provision and development of services to the wards including ward and clinical pharmacy services stock control; and MDA inspection
- The maintenance of records for purchasing quality control compounding and dispensing to the standards required
- The provision of advice as required to medical and nursing staff on the proper and economic use of drugs and medicines including participation in schemes for the dissemination of information in relation to drugs and drug usage
- The supervision and management of any student pharmacists, Pharmacist or technician as assigned
- The participation in personnel continuing education activities to ensure continual professional development
- Participation in protocol and guideline development quality initiatives audit and service development
- To co-operate with Clinical Scientific and Nursing Staff on the development and maintenance of new methods of treatment
- To participate in committees
- To take an active part in the HIQA Standards implementation
- The provision of lectures / in service in the hospital for nursing pharmacy and clinical staff and students and to participate in the development and expansion of drug information service and a continuing education programme
- To ensure that the needs of patients and professional staff are being adequately met by the pharmaceutical service provided
- To participate in the teaching and training (including in-service) of pharmacy and other staff as may be required
- To assist in the development of management policy in relation to the pharmaceutical service including service planning and budgetary policy
- To perform such other duties appropriate to the office of Senior Pharmacist
For a full job spec, please apply in strictest confidence today.
Excellent remuneration package available to the successful applicant.
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Senior Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Basic Grade Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Cork