Senior Hospital Pharmacist
Senior Pharmacist required for a hospital in Dublin (6 month contract)
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure that patient care is central to all activities of the Pharmacy Department.
- Participate in service delivery as part of a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
- Create, promote and maintain open communications and healthy working relationships.
- Maintain the principles of accountability and quality of service in daily work.
- Work collaboratively with other Pharmacy Department staff to deliver clinical pharmacy services, respecting the role of other pharmacists in ensuring safe and effective care.
- Carry out dispensary duties as required including purchase, storage and supply of medicines and related items ensuring quality and value for money.
- Ensure accurate records relating to the procurement, storage, distribution, sale and destruction of medical products are maintained in accordance with good practice and applicable legislation.
- Participate in stock-taking, invoice-processing and other administrative procedures as required.
- Work collaboratively with other departments including Quality and Risk in the development and implementation of evidence-based hospital medication policies and the maintenance and review as appropriate of established policies.
- Participate in quality initiatives and the development and updating of guidelines and policies.
- Maintain a safe working environment as set out in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2005.
- Undertake personal continuing education and training as necessary to maintain a high level of competency in carrying out the tasks required including keeping up-to-date with current clinical developments in pharmacy.
- Provide education as required on relevant topics to medical, nursing and pharmacy staff and students.
- Participate in staff development programme and ensure continued development to meet the demands of the service.
- Where the Chief Pharmacist has been assigned responsibilities, to co-operate with and assist him / her in the performance of his / her duties and responsibilities as required.
- Perform such other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Pharmacist or deputy.
- To have a recognised degree in Pharmacy.
- To be registered with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland and produce evidence to the Bon Secours Hospital of continued registration as requested.
- To have three (3) years post registration Hospital experience.
- Previous experience with accreditation processes, such as JCI, HIQA, desirable.
For more information, please call Brian on 086 7773856
Pharmacist, Senior Pharmacist, Pharmacy, Hospital, Senior Pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Leinster, Supervising Pharmacist, Locum Pharmacist, Dublin