Senior Global Corporate Finance Accountant
On behalf of our client in North Dublin we are recruiting for a Senior Global Corporate Finance Accountant.
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced 3+ years post qualified professional accountant working in retail or a similar commercial finance environment. Experience in advanced financial modelling and analysis required.
Strong Project Management experience essential together with the ability to co-ordinate multi disciplinary teams.
The primary purpose of this role is to be responsible for the preparation and presentation of robust data-driven business cases to support new business and expiring concession contract opportunities.
In addition, the role supports the financial evaluation and due diligence management of potential acquisition or disposal opportunities along with ad-hoc competitor or business sector analysis.
The role will work closely with the Global Corporate Finance and FP&A - Senior Manager and Business Development team.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation and presentation of business cases to executives.
- Financial modelling, evaluation & analysis of business development opportunities.
- Support the overall governance of all financial elements of bids and tenders for new business.
- Ensure assumptions underpinning business cases are robust and based upon relevant internal or industry benchmarks.
- Create and maintain a financial model to ensure correct calculation of key metrics to determine the profitability and suitability of potential tenders.
- Assess financial risk and bring sound commercial challenge to the formal review of all new business opportunities.
- Work closely with the Global Corporate Finance and FP&A - Senior Manager to complete ad-hoc analysis on acquisition and disposal opportunities that will align with business strategy.
- Maintain a library of historic bids and benchmark information to support and validate future financial assessments.
- Finance management lead on successful bids for new business that transfer to implementation process.
- Provide post implementation support to new Business unit finance teams as required.
- Creation and delivery of KPI reporting for the group in relation to new business activity.
- Support the Finance team in other ongoing activities.
What you bring:
- Qualified professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) & a third level qualification in Business Studies or Accountancy.
- 3+ years post qualified experience working in retail or a similar commercial finance environment.
- Advanced financial modelling and analysis experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, including the proven ability to articulate and present complex processes and concepts to Executive level stakeholders.
- Project management: Experience in meeting deadlines, project managing a wider group of stakeholders and escalating risks and issues.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint as well as being comfortable with a variety of different ERP systems.