Senior Financial Accountant
A strong and established manufacturing client is currently seeking to hire a skilled Financial Accountant to join the team.
You will be qualified with 2 years + PQE. This is a full-time on-site position based in Tipperary.
- Lead and develop a small team
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, contributing to budget setting and budget delivery
- Assist in the preparation of the year end reporting pack and submission to our parent company, along with additional adhoc parent company reporting requirements
- Assist in the analysis of monthly P&L activity, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Managing the preparation of weekly accounts and analysis thereof
- Investigate variances in the gross margin including detailed product margin and manufacturing line profitability analysis
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and prepare weekly reports comparing standard costs to actual
- Produce various management reports to deadline
- Support production managers in understanding product costs and driving improvement in product margins
- Management and review of accounts receivable and accounts payable function
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the efficiency and contribution of the finance function
Requirement for the role:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) ESSENTIAL
- Experience in a financial accounting role ideally in an FMCG manufacturing or manufacturing environment, however other sectors/industries considered
- Ideally some experience of leading and developing a team, at the minimum the willingness and personal attributes to do so
- Able to work with and through the team
- Self-starter who is results orientated and motivated by change
- Positive interpersonal and organisation skills
- Fluency of English both written and verbal
If you believe you have the skills to carry out this position, please apply with your most recent CV to Bernadette Sisson for immediate consideration.