Senior Engineering Manager
Are you a natural leader ready to take the next step in your career with a world leading med device company?
Do you have proven industry experience in engineering management in the medical devices area?
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineering Manager to join a large Clare based multinational medical device company. This employer of choice offers fantastic career progression as well as very attractive salary & benefits package.
Reporting to the Site Director, you as Senior Engineering Manager will lead and direct all aspects of engineering on site including facilities, maintenance and projects as well as the implementation of Danaher Business Systems (DBS) and EH&S on site. You will be a proactive manager optimally planning using the resources and facilities available to ensure the best service is offered to the manufacturing floor while also ensuring a safe environment.
You will be an experienced people manager who relishes the opportunity to provide leadership to your team while ensuring process & manufacturing excellence to the plant.
Some of your key tasks in this exciting role will include:
· Being accountable for the performance and the results of the engineering and EH&S teams on site
· Managing DBS activities on site to achieve Business goals, further develop associates and expand DBS capabilities
· Overseeing an overall review of the site engineering strategy inclusive of capital expenditure, and maintenance strategy.
· Determine the optimal manufacturing methods and processes required from start-up, building the product line, through satisfactory production.
· Identify and solve complex, operational and organisational problems leveraging the appropriate resources within or outside the department
· Responsible for budget setting, monitoring and reporting on spend inclusive of planned projects and overall engineering spend while working within all groups to identify cost saving initiatives
You will be degree qualified and have 10 years post grad experience in a manufacturing industry within a process driven regulated environment successfully creating and managing highly talented, engaged and performing teams. Ideally you have proven industry experience in engineering management in the medical devices area with an in depth knowledge of facility and equipment maintenance.
To hit the ground running in this role you will also be experienced in defining, planning and managing project work, equipment design and implementation as well as having familiarity with manufacturing processes, factory material flow and equipment related to manufacturing.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
As Senior Engineering Manager you will work in a cutting edge world class manufacturing environment where the demands are great but where there is huge opportunity to progress your career and advance your technical expertise with a company that put a premium on talent development and employee engagement. This is a new role within the business and sits on the Site Leadership team with fantastic scope to make the role your own.
You will also be joining the organisation at a time of huge growth where the plant is currently undergoing a huge expansion with 70% additional space being added to the existing facility to accommodate 2 new product lines that will have manufactured in Clare going forward.
This company would also be renowned for its great culture which is reflected in the number of employees who have been with the organisation for many years.
Finally, you will get the opportunity to work with a company that enhances patient's lives globally with an extremely competitive salary and benefits package that includes pension, car allowance, healthcare, bonus & educational assistance.
To apply, click the button!
Or if you just have some questions about the job or want to have a chat call Feargus on 086 020 2554 or connect with me on http://bit.ly/2aNqmls or https://twitter.com/FeargusYoung