Senior Embedded Software Engineer
FRS Recruitment are delighted to announce a number of new Senior Embedded Software Engineer roles with our client a leading company in Limerick.
The candidate will be responsible for writing and documenting board level C/C++ code. The candidate must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with a global team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. The candidate will participate in a full software development life cycle and adherence to a quality management system.
- Minimum 5 years' (preferably 10 years) relevant experience in software or firmware development, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Demonstrated success in developing products or applications. Experienced in developing software or firmware for optoelectronic and electromechanical devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Solid C/C++ skills and software design, preferably for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Solid Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine.
- Development experience with RTOS is required, experience with Embedded Linux is a plus.
- Familiar with the microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C and UART.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft) is a plus.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Minimum Honours Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering preferably a Masters. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.