Senior Electrical Engineer
Role and Responsibilities;
- Provide professional, cost effective and value adding electrical engineering services within Renewable Energy Business Units.
- The candidate should possess a strong knowledge of renewable energy and practical experience of managing connections to the Irish transmission system, and be well-versed in current Irish grid connection policy and regulation
- Lead the delivery of project electrical engineering works and services.
- Manage the interaction with electrical & civil contractors, and other contractors and project stakeholders.
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings, site meetings and design meetings, to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and in line with statutory Health and Safety requirements.
- Lead and co-ordinate project energisations and construction related grid outages and manage grid code compliance testing associated with any new HV installation required to demonstrate compliance under the terms of its connection agreement
- Lead engineering and optioneering processes of potential grid connection solutions for Renewable Energy projects.
- Prepare and procure analysis of the Irish Transmission system to identify the most feasible commercial grid connection options for the company.
- Identify and apply Grid Code requirements to grid connection solutions, disseminate changes to Grid Code and connection policy to Renewable Energy Projects
- Review and / or prepare technical project, tender and contract documentation to monitor, control and reduce cost. Monitor and analyse all elements of design, manufacture, processing, construction, operation, and maintenance to ensure delivery of company project requirements, including meeting obligations under any associated grid connection agreements.
- Identify and co-ordinate all stakeholders throughout project and service delivery to ensure that project and service key performance indicators are achieved.
- Enable sufficient, timely and appropriate information exchange between all stakeholders throughout project / service development and delivery to ensure that deliverables and KPI's are understood and any risks or opportunities are monitored and reviewed to achieve the best project / service results. Monitor against the project plan and take remedial action to recover project overruns to ensure cost effective professional engineering services are delivered
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees, and members of the public. Identify, understand, and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any construction design or undertaking ensuring safety of employees and members of the public during construction, testing, commissioning and operation;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
- Hons Degree (Lvl 8 FETAC) in Electrical Engineering essential; Post-Graduate (Lvl 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline would be an advantage for this role;
- 7 years' experience managing the grid connection process for transmission connected projects in the generator or utility sector
- Significant technical experience of HV electrical design and consenting of 110/220/400 kV infrastructure, HV cable (≥ 110 kV) experience, verifying / approving third party design, contract Management, financial /cost management and project management required
- Excellent technical report writing and communications skills essential; Proficient in AutoCAD and PSSE or other similar electrical design software would be an advantage.
Apply today, by sending your cv and I will contact you for a discussion.
Contact Eimar Galvin on 086 185 2313 or email [email protected] for a confidential chat
Please note: due to current time constraints and travel restrictions, only candidates located in Ireland with full rights to work will be considered for this position.