Senior Civil Engineer
FRS Recruitment are proud to be working alongside a Tier 1 contractor who are looking to recruit for a Senior Civil Engineer, to join their civils team on a new project in Waterford city.
This exciting new project offers salary range of €50k - €70k (depending on experience), company pension, Health care program, flexible working arrangements & Learning and development opportunities.
Design, review of submissions for earthworks, pavement, road furniture, markings and finishings to ensure it complies with the contract requirements.
Prepare method statements, inspection, test plans and risk assessments.
Supervision of earthworks, subbase, CBGM and asphalt pavement construction.
Monitors work on an ongoing basis.
Review and advise the design team of any modifications.
Propose cost effective and innovative solutions to the problems in road/pavement, roadworks and finishing works.
Prepare and issue price enquiries.
Prepare scoping documentation, seek suppliers / subcontractors, obtain quotations, undertake the technical evaluation, and make recommendations for the procurement of materials and services.
Communicate with and attend project progress meetings with the internal site team and clients.
Liaise with the Construction/Project Manager, client and supplier on technical matters as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pavement or Highway Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Geotechnical engineering or related Engineering field.
- Experience in supervising, coordinating, and managing earthworks activities
- At least 5 years Pavement/Concrete or Asphalt Construction Industry experience.
- Familiarity with specification for highway works and contract document preparation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Hold a valid Driver's Licence.