Senior Civil Engineer
FRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer for a Civils Project in West Cork/Kerry. Our client are a well established Irish Building Contractor, listed in the Top 50 Construction CIF Contractors with a long history of high profile projects across the board with values from €5m to €100m+.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Site Engineering of projects, in compliance with company policies and procedures & provide the technical/engineering expertise to enable the construction of projects;
- Monitor the construction with regard to the quality of workmanship and materials.
- Produce "as constructed drawing" and details of construction methods.
- Compile method statements as required for execution of specific tasks or sections of works.
- Ensure all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information in advance of the commencement of and throughout their carrying out of their works.
- Assist in maintaining the progress on site in accordance with Project Programme, H&S and Regulations.
- Assist in producing and maintaining contract programs with the Site Manager/Contracts Manager.
- Maintain adequate standards, quality and control of sub-contractors/plant/equipment.
- Ensure company owned plant and equipment is maintained in good working order
- Ensure that the general site, compound and boundaries are set up and maintained in a good, tidy and presentable condition throughout the project
- Assist and Liaise with Contracts Manager, Site Manager, other Engineers, Q.S. and Head Office and the Design Team to ensure timely provision of essential reports, records, information and services. i.e. site diary, plant and labour allocation sheets, RFI's, CVI's, Contractor's Reports etc.
Finance & General:
- Liaise and coordinate with the CM & QS to ensure the project is constructed in a cost effective manner, to meet overall budget requirements
- Liaise with the purchasing department to ensure that all materials and plant are requisitioned, ordered and delivered in a timely and cost effective manner
- Manage and control the level of materials waste and waste disposal etc.
- Support the project QS with the measurement, reporting and reconciliation of quantities, materials usage and waste.
- Construction background (ideally heavy civils and/or windfarm)
- BSc/BEng in Civil Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Competent using ASTA/Project/CaAD software
- Proficient in GPS, Total station, levelling and surveying equipment
- Temporary Works Co-Ordinator and Appointed Person would be advantageous
- Operational and commercial focus: Client interface; commercial acumen; HSEQT; programme and labour management
- Ability to work in a team