An amazing job opportunity for a Senior Chemist interested in joining an API manufacturing company. Westmeath
€80-€100k DOE package on offer
A pharma company servicing a niche, fast-growing global industry is offering an opportunity to a Senior Chemist to work in a fast-paced environment with a small, collaborative, and dynamic team of innovators and experienced leaders. This is a full-time permanent role based in Athlone with a flexible schedule, ensuring the right work /life balance for you.
The Successful Applicant
You will need to have excellent GMP knowledge, API manufacturing experience, chromatography experience (HPLC, GC )and be able to provide technical support to the operational areas.
Collaborating with the team, you will develop efficient processes for the manufacturing of speciality, small molecule APIs. This senior chemist job will focus on execution of GMP operations, You will be responsible for meeting production schedules and the coordination of related operations.
- Management of the Process Development & Manufacturing of small molecule Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in support of commercial distribution
- Utilise business systems and software tools to analyse reports on production.
- Provide technical support on the development and introduction of new products and processes
- Design systems and assist in the execution of QC sampling.
- Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, downtime, production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
- B.S. or M.S. in Scientific/Engineering Discipline with strong knowledge of organic chemistry and small molecule batch manufacturing technology
- 3+ years Industrial experience in technology development, scale-up & manufacture of pharmaceutical & speciality chemicals in a cGMP environment
- Prior leadership /mentoring experience in a relevant pharmaceutical manufacturing, healthcare, or pharmaceutical environment would be benefical.
- Significance experience working with chromatography and evaporation techniques
- Previous experience with multi-product API facility
- Technical process and product introduction experience
- Some knowledge of LEAN and 6 sigma manufacturing principles
- Experienced in manufacturing under ICH cGMP guidelines for APIs
- Experience in operations management, effectiveness, process justification, process validation, and equipment qualification.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to operate at senior level within a rewarding industry sector with ample opportunity for progression and learning.
Please note there is no relocation or visa support available for this position.
- Hybrid Work
- Medical insurance
- Generous Annual Leave
- Employee Share Options
Keywords: GMP, Senior Chemist, Organic Chemist, Chemist, QC Chemist, Analytical Chemist
For more information please contact Felicity Farrell 086 7821714