Senior Chemist Athlone
An amazing job opportunity for a Senior Process Development Chemist interested in joining an Irish, specialty API manufacturing start-up. Westmeath
€80-€100k DOE package on offer
An exciting start-up, servicing a niche, fast-growing global industry with new APIs is offering the opportunity for a Senior Process Development Chemist to work in a fast-paced environment with a small, collaborative, and dynamic team of innovators and experienced leaders.
In this Senior Process Development Chemistry role, you will provide technical discipline leadership and will direct the day-to-day operational activities of the API manufacturing department, as well as actively manage the department's quality and efficiency. This is a full-time permanent role based in Athlone with flexible scheduling, ensuring the right work /life balance for you.
The Successful Applicant
You will need to have excellent GMP knowledge, API manufacturing experience, chromatography experience (HPLC, GC ) and be able to provide technical support to the operational areas.
Collaborating with the team, you will develop efficient processes for the manufacturing of speciality, small molecule APIs. This is a leadership role with focus on the start-up and execution of GMP operations, ensuring the facility is accurately staffed and trained and supporting a production planning process. You will be responsible for meeting production schedules and the coordination of related operations.
- Management of the Process Development & Manufacturing of small molecule Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in support of commercial distribution
- Compliance with Quality Management Systems (GMP/ICH Q7) & EHS policies
- Establish & monitor KPI's to drive continuous improvement
- Maintain strong working relationship with management, analytical chemistry, quality control, EHS & quality assurance to achieve deliverables & targets
- Utilise business systems and software tools to analyse reports on production.
- Provide technical support on the development and introduction of new products and processes
- Designs systems and assist in the execution of QC sampling.
- Raise purchase requisitions relevant to the manufacturing process and GRN same.
- Maintain accurate inventories of raw materials and collaborate with the wider team to carry out supply chain and logistics operations.
- Monitor key production metrics such as throughput, downtime, production schedule compliance, etc. and initiate improvement plans where required.
- B.S. or M.S. in Scientific/Engineering Discipline with strong knowledge of organic chemistry and small molecule batch manufacturing technology
- 3+ years Industrial experience in technology development, scale-up & manufacture of pharmaceutical & speciality chemicals in a cGMP environment
- Prior leadership /mentoring experience in a relevant pharmaceutical manufacturing, healthcare, or pharmaceutical environment.
- Significance experience working with chromatography and evaporation techniques
- Previous experience with multi-product API facility
- Technical process and product introduction experience
- Some knowledge of LEAN and 6 sigma manufacturing principles
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Highly analytical and structured way of working
- Experienced in managing/collaborating in interdisciplinary/matrix organisation
- Experienced in manufacturing under ICH cGMP guidelines for APIs
- Experience in operations management, effectiveness, process justification, process validation, and equipment qualification.
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity to operate at senior level within a rewarding industry sector with ample opportunity for progression and learning.
Please note there is no relocation or visa support available for this position.
- Medical insurance
- Generous Annual Leave
- Employee Share Options
Keywords: GMP, Process Development Chemist, Organic Chemist, Chemist, QC Chemist, Analytical Chemist
For more information please contact Eoin Looney on 086-7839455