Senior Cardiac Physiologist
I am pleased to announce that I am currently recruiting Senior Cardiac Physiologist interested in the exciting opportunity in Waterford.
The successful candidate will be working in a Cardiac Department that provides a range of invasive and non-invasive diagnostic examinations at both inpatient and outpatient level and will be reporting to Chief II, Cardiac Catheterisation Physiologist.
The post holder will be obliged to undertake both in house and external training courses for further CPD which the hospital will provide.
Some of the duties will include:
- Resting ECG,
- Exercise treadmill testing, both medical and Physiological,
- Fit and analyse of ambulatory ECG and BP recordings,
- Pacemaker and ICD/CRT follow-up,
- Transthoracic echocardiography and report on same,
- Assist with transoesophageal echocardiography,
- Assist with Diagnostic and interventional procedures in Cath. Lab,
- Assist with pacemaker and implantable defibrillator procedures,
- Report procedure findings and highlighting abnormal findings.
- Be expected to take part in any on-call rotation or change in rostered hours, e.g. 8-8 p.m. shift roster that may be or become part of their department hours.
- Possess the BSc in Clinical Measurement or the Certificate in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement (MPPM) or Possess an equivalent relevant scientific qualification (Level 8)
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years satisfactory relevant post qualification experience.
- Candidates must have the clinical, managerial, and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role.
- Fluent English Language Skills
- Desirable: Echocardiography accreditation AND/OR cardiac rhythm management accreditation.
- cardiac catheterisation lab
- cardiac rhythm management
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Junior Recruitment Consultant Milena Bednarczyk on