Senior Buyer - Limerick
My client, a well established industrial manufacturer based in County Limerick, is in need of a senior Buyer to join their busy, well established procurement department.
The Buyer will be responsible for the procurement of heavy industrial goods in accordance with best purchasing practices in line with company policy and procedures.
This is a highly sought after employer in the region and Positions do not come up very often with this company. They offer excellent salaries plus one of the best benefits packages around.
The desired Buyer will be responsible for the following:
- Purchasing goods and services consistent with the SOPs of the company
- Working within the budgetary restrictions outlined by the procurement department
- Ensuring that value for money is the guiding principle for all negotiations with suppliers and purchasing of materials
- Reviewing and monitoring the performance of suppliers in regards to pricing and materials and meeting delivery KPIs
- Initiating and conducting supplier audits as required with internal technical and engineering personnel
- To constantly strive to maintain stocks in line with company requirements .
- To ensure that the plant maintenance and operational material requirements can be satisfied while maintaining inventories at the most economic levels
The desired Buyer will fulfil the following requirements:
- Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain or an equivalent professional qualification
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role in a similar industrial organisation with experience procuring high value engineering goods and services
- Negotiating and buying experience.
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP.
- Good communicator.
- Works well on both a team and off own initiative.
If you feel that you fit the above qualifications please apply today with your CV. If you have any further queries please contact Rachael Pando of FRS Recruitment.