Senior Buyer (Limerick)
My client located in Limerick is looking for Senior Buyer to join their team servicing big blue-chip company's around Ireland. This would be an excellent opportunity for someone with some buying and negotiating experience (ideally 1-2 years) looking to step into a management position. This role would give you a vast amount of experience in a variety of industries allowing you to advance your career.
- Management of purchasing activities relating to suppliers, equipment, haulage lanes and tools in accordance with the company requirements.
- Sourcing potential suppliers both nationally and internationally and negotiating the best possible price, terms and conditions for equipment and services
- Management of supplier contract negotiation and maintenance of the administration of files for all tasks to minimise any risk to the company and demonstrate full transparency.
- Managing relationships with suppliers to ensure adherence to quality, level of service and price competitiveness
- Controlling and overseeing the negotiation, planning, roll-out, testing and auditing of new equipment and services
- Seek out innovative solutions for store improvements leading to improved operational productivity, improved safety and reduced capital and maintenance costs
- Provide Management with required reports, Key Performance Indicators and feedback to contribute to the effective planning, budgeting and performance management, within agreed timeframes.
- Honours level business or financial degree.
- 3-5 years management experience in procurement or similar field.
- Experience in FMCG, Logistics, Supply Chain would be advantageous.
- Highly organised and motivated, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent Communicator who is confident in negotiating.
- Sound leadership skills and excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong ability to be able to proactively respond to the needs of the company, with a drive to continuously improve work practices.
For more information contact me directly for a private and confidential chat
Richard O'Sullivan (086) 185 23 27